I know I haven’t been posting here all that often, but life has been busy as usual. Work combined with a general lack of sleep makes my motivation towards working on the project diminished at best. I forced myself to get some work done today, and I have done a decent bit. First, I’d like to talk about an awesome tool I found that will help other developers
So, what is this tool?
The tool is called BugSense. I signed up a while ago, but completely forgot about it until I saw a post on Reddit. It’s a free service that lets developer add a single line of code to their main activity to keep track of user’s application crashes. The download is a small .jar that is included in the application build path. So far, I have used it to fix three crashes in the past thirty minutes. The link to learn more is: www.bugsense.com/docs
Back to the app
I have written a good chunk of code today that isn’t yet implemented anywhere, but should make it possible to get a bunch of things done all at once. The code is all related to storing data on the external storage, checking whether or not the user has access to their external storage, loading and saving files, and generating images. Essentially, all of the code is a baseline that will allow me to generate the fog. I still have a good bit of code to write with relation to the database storage stuff. I also fixed the bugs I talked about earlier.
My lovely girlfriend was kind enough to make a new icon for me that I have integrated into the application itself. It looks much better than the placeholder icon I had before. Thanks babe!
I also found out that mobile applications on the Android market are exempt from some of the not-so-nice ToS. Reading them made me happy.
I’m probably going to refactor some of the code so it’s more suited for OOP development. Afterwards, I will relax and watch some Samurai 7.
Until next time.